Which amp for B&W 703s

Im upgrading my Musical Fidelity A3.2cr integrated for a 200-250watt power amp. Trying to keep it under $2,000 and therfore in the used market.
Ive reasrched A few amps but am able to hear them as the only high end store in my city in very limited. Looking at the Conrad Johnson 2500a as some reviws have been very good on it and it seems to go well with B&W 800 series speakers havent heard about the 703s with them.
The other amp choice seems to be the Krell 250A. Again some people have great results with the 800s.
I listen to rock and like imaging, dynamics, and volume. I find the MF 3.2 cr to be great in many ways but lacks power and snap.
Source is a Cary 303/200 which would be running direct into the amp.
Kicker is I can get a used krell for $6- to possibly $1,200 less.
Anyone with experience on a similar setup(s), id like to hear your thoughts.
bozzy
I spent some time evaluating the 703s, and left unconvinced. Check out the reviews for the Usher new 6 series. Great review at AV Monthly
Bozzy,
Is there a way to do an in-home trial with the Conrad Johnson and the Krell? Like the 800 series, the 703 seem to be very amp dependent. I was pretty impressed with the 703's but I have only heard them with a Rotel amp. I would imagine that they would sound really nice with Conrad Johnson or Krell.

Tweak1,
Is the Usher 6 a new speaker that you carry in your audio store? I've heard very good things about Usher speakers and would like to give them a try.
Unfortunatly I cant audition them at all, I live on an Island off the west coast of Canada. Hence part of my dilema.

The 703s took along time to break in and with my old ARcam AR7 cd player the sound was horrrible. I upgraded to a Cary 303/200 the spekaers broke in and the sound is great.

Anyone chime in with a critique of the CJ 2500a VS Krell 250a.
I'm only familiar with Krell & CJ by reputation, but have not owned or listened to them. However, I own the 703's and power them with an older Audio Research SS (D-240). I utilize a Musical Design Tube preamp that has been tweaked (currently using some NOS vintage tubes) that really smoothes out the SS amp. I am very happy with the results. It took a long time for the 703's to break in, but now they sound very good. You could pick up an older model Audio Research for a great savings on Agon.

Keep in mind, regardless of what you read, amp technology has changed very little over the past decade. A great amp design ten years ago is a great amp design by todays standards. The real changes (very big changes) have been made in digital technology. Utilize this new technology with newer digital gear and find quality high-end amps with a little age (used) and enjoy that savings!

Good luck

2chnlben