Where to buy lead shot

Anyone know where I can buy lead shot to fill my speaker stands? I've tried hardware stores and a few gun shops. Any ideas are appreciated.
treyhoss
Please don't consider this to be an expert opinion because it's not, but here goes anyway. I'd go with the lead shot due to it's higher density over sand, though some use both. Though it might be obvious, the larger the designation the smaller the shot size (number of pellets to the ounce?). Number 11 is the smallest I remember ever seeing, though something like number 9 might be easier to find. My guess would be to buy the smallest shot available as it will settle more tightly. Hopefully someone with first hand knowledge will correct me if any of that is wrong.
Target has a new product out called "heavy metal". According to Target, it's a "carbon/pearlite metal, acoustic damping filler". It's used to fill speaker and component stands. I'm not sure of the cost, but you can find it on their web site: www.targetaudioplc.co.uk
Try a wed site www.trapshooters.com. They have lists of stores with reloading supplies. I would suggest #8 or 9 shot - they are smaller and will fill all of the voides in the speaker stands. Also, try the yellow pages in your area for "gun clubs, trap ranges, skeet ranges, sporting clays" These clubs usually have lead shot for sale in 25# bags.
Something worth trying, get hold of small washed granite "chippings"? This works as well as most other damping materials. The granite has good absorption properties and gives you the weight and mass. If you don't like the result, throw it on your driveway! Joh.
Thanks for all the great ideas. I'll give these avenues a try. I'd prefer to buy it locally to save shipping $$$. I guess I'm leaning toward a shot/sand combo as this seems to make a lot of sense.