Where 2 buy 3x distilled water and 100 alchohol?

I want to clean my records with triple distilled scientific water and 100% pure alchohol. Do you know where they can be purchased in quantities of 4 to 10 gallons of water and 1 to 2 gallons of alchohol?

Thanks for the support,

Bill E.
lakefrontroad

Showing 1 response by lugnut

Hi,

I get my "insane quality water" from a local computer chip manufacturer. I don't think the corporate office would be interested in selling me 5 gallons but since I have friends that work there they just ask permission to give me some.

The best alcohol I have been able to find is denatured avaiable at pharmacies. I have found the pharmacy folks really nice and regularly buy 4 bottles at a time for about $3.50 each. My guess is that pure alcohol (lab grade) would be cost prohibitive.

I'm not sure it really matters much when one considers the process of limited alcohol exposure and vacuuming the surface after a water rinse. I think the purer ingredients at least offer some added peace of mind.

Kodak PhotoFlow is a great addition. It's similar to soap in that is breaks the surface tension and allows the fluid to do it's job faster. Photographic film is pretty delicate stuff so I can't believe it would degrade a disk that needed cleaning.

Good luck.