Wher did the DB99 go ?

In a recent visit to VSA web page I see the DB99 no longer listed in the product list. I have read threads here on the GON where many felt the DB99 to be a cut above the VSA 4 SR . Now that the VSA 4 SR is listed as MKII could this be the reason for the absence of the DB99 in the product list?
mystang
VSA has made some major changes of late.
They completely screwed their SE sales rep.
Then they did some serious slashing of their dealer network.
Model numbers have been changing at a rapid pace too.

Not that the speakers are bad; quite the opposite, they are very good and I hope they will continue being so. The JR and SR models have just been updated. Hopefully they were upgraded instead of just changed.

If you want high eff. speakers I would look into some of the speakers from other manufacturers. Do you care for the Avangard horns? They would probably prove to be every bit as dynamic as the DB99's.

Good luck!
They obviously were'nt selling enough to keep them in the product lineup.
I own a pair and am real glad I do.
Larry
Thanks for the insights. I have been considering the DB99 or ZU Defination I've been leaning towards the Defination because of their return policy but was also hopeful I could get a listen to the DB99 at the up coming RMAF. But now thats not going to be possiable, I have seen the DB99 on the GON but without a listen first I wont buy .
Post removed 
08-24-06: Mystang
Thanks for the insights. I have been considering the DB99 or ZU Defination I've been leaning towards the Defination because of their return policy but was also hopeful I could get a listen to the DB99 at the up coming RMAF. But now thats not going to be possiable, I have seen the DB99 on the GON but without a listen first I wont buy .
Mystang (Threads | Answers)

this is a big reason some of these speakers are gonna have tuff competition, lot of speakers for the money available at the 9 k plus range, and some just have a lot more speaker for the money.. I know the Krell resolution 2's I think is the series are another one priced in this bracket but use a dual 8" pretty standard 3 way, they sound very nice when I heard them at ABT, but at 9500 there is a lot more, those krells should be placed at the 5 k range to compete with the Tyler's, VMPS etc... But they have the big name attached and fetch double the price, I would guess the DB 99 just fell between the cracks and was not in a good price braket to be in right now.