When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak
11-03-13: Jwm writes:
I'm not talking about comparing to the redbook layer in the same disc. I'm talking about comparing SACD to its RED book counterpart.
The problem with that is to ensure the mastering is the same. That's why I gave you the Hoffman Creedence example.
The redbook layer on the SACD is never as good as the SACD of it.
Ummm, OK. I think I would have no argument that.
I have always found the redbook cd by itself is always better than the redbook of a hybrid cd.
I don't see why this should be so. Can you be certain they have the same mastering? Could you tell me a specific example so I can make the comparison myself.

Regards,
A very short list of DACs I've personally heard that possess "soul" and are natural sounding with much emotional involvement. Alphabetically,
1)Concert Fidelity.
2 ) Modwright -Oppo 105.
3) Triode Corp. CD player and DAC.
4) Yamamoto YDA DAC (both the tube and SS versions)

I know there are others like the Lampizator(much word of mouth support) for instance but I have no listening experience with them.
The soul for digital playback has been around for 60+ years, it's made by Western Electric. What you need is a pr. of 111C repeating coils. I have a pr connected to McIntosh MVP851 in one set-up & another connected to a Musical Fidelity cdp &dac.
You'll notice the difference in less than 5 min. Besides the 111C you can also use 93A or 77A.
It has.....Ypsilon CDT-100 & DAC-100. This combo is on the same level as the best analog out there. Once you here this combination you will never look back at analog. There would be no need. It is that good, maybe even better.
I suspect that Double DSD will be very close to vinyl. And then there is Quad DSD which is what SONY is usings to archive their tape holdings before the tapes are all lost. Soon, Quad DSD files will be available. There will be nothing closer to achieve. The Sabre 9018 and 19 chips such as in the Oppo 105 can play Double DSD. The real question is getting the information from the hard drive to the dac.