When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak

Showing 10 responses by c5150

I just cry from the price that the Dover sole has hit. It is wonderful if done right.
Art is an application of science.....you cannot get freedom from truth.Only freedom from lies exist.
Hello

The Dirt Late Model analogy about the asphalt,vs the dirt is not a matter of digital vs analog. The 358 cu inches is carburators vs fuel injection would be right.The dirt vs asphalt ....your room aka.. walls of drywall vs all carpet all round etc...ABSORPTION WILL SLOW YOUR SOUND .
I told you guys....logic will produce answers.....cofusion will produce .....

Everyone comes back to vinyl . cd has been taking more away then vinyl will ever get back and dvd out sells both but I-pod rules. Computor generated stuff is the rage ,but the purists know best. Confused yet....this is a #'s game and nothing to do with hi-fi. Measure and calculate all you want .it has nothing to do with this hobby. Do you guys calculate when drinking good wines. If you buy wine because the bottle is pretty then you are in the wrong game. If wine tastes like wine .....next. Then if you pick components on #s .....you need to stop calling yourself an audiophile. You are a bottle collector.

Sorry

Should read...."everything to do with the actual production from sunshine etc...
ok ...you know who

digital vs. analog vs solid state vs tubes vs IC's vs Kramer.

I have read and seen and heard and have been told , that a top end TT has a hard time against a top cd. we have heard some say cd tops the TT. It's been said that a 1k TT blows away a 25K cd . Now depending on the combo's and mix of prices and wires and ALL that is hi-fi ,you guys have managed to describe CONFUSION . For when a member tries to get the real deal here as far as LOGIC , there is none.

Don't get me wrong ,I'm describing All that is in this site concerning whatever you want to compare or slice and dice.

When a communication is one of logic then one finds answers to questions and can go further in producing more solution to problems. This is logic and REASON.

When a communication is based on confusion then we get this phenomenon of no reason or irrational or no answers or solutions to any problem.We cannot make any advance progress this way.

Now , if this was a confused source of information then.....1, we would have misunderstanding of the subject hi-fi...check
2. we would purchase components based on cofusion and sell it and soon after not getting the satifaction etc...check
3. with confusion our realities towards each others sounds would be ,not so real after all. and would be a source of flames ....check.

4. an audiophile would be always searching through the confusion for a better sound. This is due to confusion ...check.

5 when always faced with confusion ...unless one puts order into the FACTS ,one will always be confused ,lost and going around on a merry go round etc...check..
6 >>>>to infinity you will never resolve the problem under the cloud of confusion.
Infinity + one. When a person is selling ,buying ,cheating,attacking, misleading ,profits , shipping hassles, broken promises, . How does one trust or keep the confusion to a minimum? I'll let you write up the rest.

Hey guys.

Guidocorona....PPR

Yes this is a very logical way. The thing is Price has nothing to do with the quality of the product, Wine/hi-fi. If you didn't have this barrier of " cash " you would be drinking other stuff. The thing is when wine is done right,and there are so many factors to producing great wine that the price sky rockets for the simple reasons of supply and demand. The other factors are ignorant rich guys who drink 2k bottles of Bordeaux wih poached eggs and macaroni and chesse just to impress. There is the other factor of if mac and egg is ready to pay 2K then next years batch will be 2.5K regardless of average ,if not bad production/year. The product is "in " it's cool it's "i've made it" etc...

Now hi-fi is exactly the same. Nothing to do with the actual production from sunshine,rain ,earth ,altitude... to your glass,or recording session ,musicians,atmosphere...to your ROOM, to your ears.....cheers.

Nothing to do with ss vs tubes vs digital vs TT.