When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak

Showing 3 responses by bo1972

Last week I bought a Olive 06HD streamer. I also bought the brand new pure silver Audioquest Wild Blue Yonder with the new xlr connectors. I use a Purist Audio powercable with oyaide 004 connectors. This combination is stunning and one of the best analogue sound I ever heard from a digital source. In 2 weeks I will write a review about it!
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ddgtl&1379507211&openmine&zzBo1972&4&5#Bo1972
We tested any streamers/separate dacs this year. It doesn't matter which dac you use, you will lose an important part in the middle freq.

The diversity in the middle freqencies are a lot less. Even with the Aurender W20 and DCS dac you can hear it.

USB is not a good thing to be used for audio. Many technical people who develope dacs agreed on this.

Streamers with an inbuild dac can easily win from streamer/dac combination.

We use shootouts and use numbers who make it very easy to understand what it does when the diversity in the middle freq. is a lot less.

I think when people would have more knowledge and insight in real music that we would have less of these silly demos with streamer/dac combo's.