Whatever happened to Straight Wire?

Hi
It seems like Straight Wire is moving towards obscurity.For the past 10 years i haven't heard anything about any new products (Crescendo cable came out over 10 years ago and i rewired my system with it),they do not advertise and i haven't seen their cables on display in any high end stores around NY area.I hope everything is well with the company because it was their Crescendo cables that gave me a decade of sonic bliss.
overhang
A new series of cables or so called "revised" version will not guarantee better sound. Sometimes older versions of a certain cable are more musical. Of course some of you will not agree with this statement.

Chris
Straightwire Maestro was my "first love" in premium interconnects. That was quite a long time ago.
I have been a long time Straightwire owner. I moved up the line quite quickly after Steve Hill in a telephone conversations offered to allow me to sample the low end Encore and Maestro speaker cables. I did and sent them back as they weren't even as good as Kimber 8TC.

I took the plunge and moved up to the Serenades and never looked back. I followed up on the interconnect side and did my whole system in a combination of balanced and RCA. For my VPI TNT Turntable I moved up to the Virtuoso "R".

While the Kimber 8TC outperforms the bass attributes of the Serenade, all other sonic qualities don't compare.

Though your right, Steve and his company have for all intents and purposes fallen off the planet. I live in the NY metro area and I can;t find a straightwire dealer to be had!!! What a shame.
It's a shame. Straightwire was one of the original big boys. With a little proper marketing,( assuming the technology and innovation is there) they could probably get back into the mainstream again.
I've never tried Straightwire IC's but in my system the Maestro II speaker cables are more balanced and open with my Thiels than a long list of contenders mentioned above and then some. The top end is impressive, totally open, extended, and airy but not bright or splashy as some cables can be, especially with Thiels. They also have tons of low level detail in the midrange. The SW's just really surprised me!

I know Thiel uses SW for internal wire or used to, don't know if they still do, SW's web site is older than dirt. Surely, that can't be the connection! That would be too easy.