What would be a better buy?

I have the opportunity to purchase either the unison research unico or the denon pma2000. the unico is $300 more expensive, but would it justify a much better sound? They are both 80 watts/channel, but I am almost sure that the denon is more powerful. I will be running them with aci 2000 speakers, which is sweet sounding and just a tad bit laid back. Please help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ian
rave959
Not sure of Dennon, but Unico I've heard with efficient Triangle speakers and I think it's not even close to 80Wpc.
Yeah, I've heard that Unison Research don't rate their wattages conservatively. I really don't know about the Denon, but I've never heard people saying anything bad about it given its price. I just might go with the Denon
I just ran my Proac 3.8's with a UNICO. I beg to differ on the responses posted here. It is an EXCELLENT value period. It made my Classe 15 sound poor. It held it's own against an Ayre V5x and it made me want to quickly hook up the ARC D250 to make sure I wasn't doing the wrong thing by buying the ARC.
YES it is NOT as good as the aformentioned amps but it DOES offer 80-90 percent of the sound.
I should mention that I also have installed RCA cleartops from Andy at Vintage Tube Services and it is imparative to move the jumpers and take the output protection circuit out of the way!!!
I was going to sell this to help pay for the D250 tube giant but I am really thinking of keeping it for a rainy day. It is THAT good.
...as well as Classe that is simply unable to bring up the might...
way too soft just like UNICO.

Do some research on Rotel separates and you get even more than you expect for the bucks you're about to spend...