What were the best and worst rooms at RMAF 2009?

Of course I have my picks, but what are yours?
128x128dlcockrum

Showing 1 response by rballdude

This year RMAF was quite nice. I always attend on Sunday and the ’09 show was the least crowded of all the previous RMAF shows. As usual, every room representative was very friendly, informative and accommodating.

Highlights: Grand Veena room always has great sound. This year I wanted to take them home. Everything I look for in a speaker: detail, big image, engaging and thrilling. Everyone else in the room seemed to share this impression and no one wanted to leave. Only negative – their appearance.

Can’t believe the Accapela room has not been mentioned. Certainly, the Triolon has had its challenges in past years. This year the High Violon was mesmerizing. It filled the large room with incredible realism – every track felt like a live performance. My vote for the top room at any RMAF show. And, you can own this system for about $300K!

The Esoteric room was also special. Small footprint yet incredible dynamic range. Huge realism factor here. Associated electronics, cables, etc were $$$. May be the first $5 K phono cable I’ve heard.