What was the first power cable that you noticed a difference in the sound?

I have bought six or seven different power cords, none over $500 and have noticed little or no change in the sound of my system. All the cables are 12 gauge or bigger.  Without talking about cables made with unobtainium, where did you start hear a difference.

Thanks.

128x128curiousjim

My first power cable purchase was a Shunyata Venom HC.  I didn’t hear much of a difference until I improved my system to be much more revealing.  Now I clearly hear the difference between the following cables I demoed; Shunyata, Audioquest and Cardas power cables.  

It was the Shunyata Delta NR. Frankly, I was shocked over how a cable could make that much of a difference. But I did not like all of the changes (enhanced mids but at the cost of toning down the highs, i.e. less bright), but changing the fuse to a Rhodium fuse and then again to a Synergistic Purple fuse addressed that! 

@dcpillai 

Hi there, Please tell me about your system and that the Delta NR was plugged into.

Oh and tell me more about the Rhodium fuse, I must admit I have never heard of that.

Thanks.

@sudnh ,

I have a Hegel H390 going to KEF Reference 5 speakers by way of either AQ Rocket 88 cables or Audio Art’s Statement E cables with the lockable Rhodium bananas.