What was the first power cable that you noticed a difference in the sound?

I have bought six or seven different power cords, none over $500 and have noticed little or no change in the sound of my system. All the cables are 12 gauge or bigger.  Without talking about cables made with unobtainium, where did you start hear a difference.

Thanks.

128x128curiousjim

Showing 1 response by adg101

Agree with others noted above dedicated lines should be done first but not necessary. I started with Homebrew PC’s, then Kimber Kable PK 10 Gold which was a noticeable improvement, then to Nordost Vishnu, WyWires Silver to Platinum which are great and can be had used at a great price for how they sound. I recently picked up a slightly used Nordost Valhalla II which is an incredible PC but even used are a little crazy. Don’t forget the wall outlet/receptacles. Recall someone previously mentioned don’t bother and just get an AQ Power Conditioner; not saying that’s not a great device, but even with my PS Audio P10, Dedicated lines, with AQ NRG outlets and WyWires Platinum PC is still noticeable on my P10 feeding all source components and preamp.