What turntable for 1000

I finaly decided to buy a turntable. My budget is around $1000 that includes tonearm and cartrige. Any suggestions? Also, what interconnect should I get to use with Phono preamp. Thanks a lot.

My system: Mccormack DNA-125, RLD-1, Joseph Audio RM-25si, Arcam cd-72t, ART DI/O Moded, Cardas cabling.
ilusha

Showing 2 responses by jimbo3

Ilusha- A couple of questions- Are you looking for new or used? Many don't mind a used table, but alot of folks prefer a new cartridge. To what kind of music do you primarily listen? Are you restricted to a high or low output cartridge?

Jim
I'll second Asa's recommendation on the Well-Tempered, although there are many fine tables out there that could be had in you price range. There is one fundamental difference that you will need to consider- suspended or unsuspended. Personally, I prefer unsuspended- less adjustment and maintenance, crisper/detailed sound. On the negative side, unsuspended tends to be more sensitive to placement and needs a little more isolation. (My house is built on a cement slab, so that is not a big issue for me.)

Regards
Jim