What to upgrade next.

This is my first foray into the forum other than reading other's post. I hope respondents will be kind! I am at the very low end of audiophile equipment and many of you may not think I am there yet when I list my equipment. The economy has become better for myself and I am looking to upgrade but not exactly sure where to go from here. I am sure I will receive many different suggestions so I plan on taking the one suggestion that I receive the most and employing it. My equipment is as follows: Denon AVRx 3500H as my integrated amp which is boosted by a Bob Carver Cinema Grand 5 which pushes 200wpc. This powers my Polk Audio RTiA7's which are my music floorstanders. When I started upgrading I chose the Polk's as they seem to punch above their weight. After months on this site I am unaware of many people who extol the virtues of the Polks so I am thinking this may receive the most as far as recommendations. I stream most of my music from my desktop and laptop. The desktop sounds like an airplane waiting to take off. I am not independently wealthy but am looking to spend between 2-3 thousand if necessary. The one thing that gives me the biggest headache at this point is music delivery as computers have glitches and my angina acts up when the music cuts out in the middle of Alex Lifeson shredding his axe. My music files range from bad copies of MP3s which are slowly being replaced to HD Audio files. Thank you for any suggestions.
dadork
@thosb Thanks for your response. Most insightful. I am as you may be able to tell, very new to the subscription music service business. The move to Tidal my first ever as a matter of fact. So a couple of questions about your response. If I have Tidal and it's running through a Node 2i and I have the Hi-Fi subscription what would be the purpose of also having Roon or any of the other services? I can look up any artist I can imagine and pretty much listen to anything they've ever recorded right? It's already in FLAC so are there services that offer even higher definition? I've got a very few albums from HDTracks in 24Bit/194?kHz. I'm enjoying the simplicity of grabbing my phone and dialing up whatever I want without getting out a CD or pulling it up on my Laptop. Sans possible internet interruptions right now I'm in heaven. I need to learn a lot more about DACs I think. I know what they are just not why some are better and so much more expensive than others. The Node 2i is supposed to have a good DAC but I don't know what that means nor what the metrics are that differentiate. My Denon has a 32 Bit DAC . The Node is supposed to be better but then I have people who say I need to add an even better external DAC to that. How would an audio processor make the bass more distinct and punchy as some claim? Almost as if it's adding watts? I go through adds for speakers on this site and others (used of course) then go online and read user reviews then the online mag reviews. I've read reviews for speakers that range up to 200K which just boggles the mind. I was very impressed with reviews for the Silverline Sonatinas. They sound like everything I'm looking for. Of course I have no idea at all if they'd fit in with my system! I am really trying to figure out if I need to do some rethinking on the pros and cons of floorstanders or really good bookshelfs. Fidelity is the most important consideration. As I stated in an earlier post I am in an 11.5 x25' room. I like to be able to feel it as well sometimes and can't quite imagine bookshelfs being able to deliver that. Thanks for any more input!
@oopwah Already loving the Tidal subscription and hoping to buy the streamer this weekend. Are there CDs that are better definition than FLAC? My Denon does have the pre outs for 5 channels which are all hooked to the Carver supplying 200wpc. When in Main Zone it is set for 5.1 but Zone 2 is 2.1. I will be doing a little experimenting  tomorrow going sub free. Not sure the Polks are up to the task but I do think they sound better by themselves handling the bass duties as well rather than my sub par sub.
I was referring to buying used regular redbook cds (3-5$ on ebay and Amazon) and converting them to FLAC files with dbPower software. Which for my experience is just as good as 75% of the FLAC files that I have purchased through the two top sites that sell downloads! Some recordings are better buying the downloads (about 25%) but most that I have bought used cds and use the converter software and directly compared to the HI-REZ downloads that I have bought There is hardly any difference ( my system is well into the high end arena). I also must disclose that I am only speaking about classic rock material. You are going to miss the bass! As you move along in your quest , later replace the sub find a used REL sub that will suit you budget at that time. Save some money 12.99-17.99 for most downloads compared to 4-5$ for used and an inexpensive software to covert thousands of cds. Then use a NAS or look at the optional server/ storage of the streamer that people are pushing you towards. I personally have over 1,100 ripped cds and 50 Hi-REZ downloads, so I do not use a streaming service as I can usually find a sample of most any music and decide whether I want the music or not, and then if I do the cd will usually turn up used.
@mesch Thanks for your inputs so far. I did buy the book you mentioned on ebay for a substantially reduced price and have read quite a bit of it. So many things to learn! Not being able to go to a lot of different dealers to hear the differences in amp configurations ie. tube v SS or the single diode low watt amps and such is a hindrance for sure so lots and lots of reading for me over the winter. Haven't done any room treatments yet but will be investigated and deploying in near future. I mentioned my odd room config the other day. I have the polks toed in and they do provide a very nice sound stage. The other day listening when I knew there would be no distractions I was near Nirvana , my walls and speakers disappeared and I was enveloped in a field of music. My appetite has been whetted to know there is better. I can see where this could be a very expensive hobby. I'm a house painting contractor and while I keep busy money is not unlimited so I have to set some realistic sights. All of the help I am getting here is really appreciated as I know it will save me grief and dollars. I have been somewhat surprised no one has mentioned sub woofers. Do most listen in 2 chan only? I guess if their speakers are of high caliber they wouldn't need a sub except perhaps in a HT scheme. With the Tidal my sound quality has improved quite a bit already and can only imagine what it will be when I get the Node 2, fingers crossed this week. Thanks once again.
@oopwah Since the world altering revelation for me of the music services out there and finally checking into it I had to weigh my options. The Tidal subscription is worth it to me as I'm getting access to FLAC files from any artist I can imagine. It also has the added benefit of suggesting artist I like but may not have recalled from the distant past. I think cost wise it's going to be a wash as opposed to downloading or buying CDs whether new or used and without the headache that goes with ripping and the associated cost of the equipment to do it good. If I like an artist I am of the type who generally will get everything they have. This gives me the ability to listen to whatever they have without buying it and then not really caring for it. I don't know how many times I've downloaded only to find a file has been tagged incorrectly and my server is populated by a jillion artist. If I ever have an aneurism this will be the likely cause.