What subwoofer to use with Maggies?

I have a pair of Magnepan MMG's and I am looking for suggestions of subwoofers that mate well with the Maggie sound. I am open to (2) smaller subs or one large one. Suggestions and experiences welcome.

Thanks,
nissancrazy
Thanks for the suggestions to this point. I am using a Earthquake MKIV-10 with both a passive and active 10 inch sub. The subwoofer is placed in the back of the room close to the couch. The Maggies are on the front wall, or more spefifically about 36 inches from the front wall. My issue has been one of constant changing of the subwoofer level. Just when I think it is dialed in on music it lacks in base for movies, then once dialed in for music it lacks the authority for movie soundtracks. I agree with the above comment to keep the woofers smaller, I was thinking a pair of 8 inch subs but have noticed that there are not many offerings in this category. I also like the sound of the 10's as they seem to be a solid mix for both music and movies, but obviously I am not thrilled with the performance to this point.
Forgive me for asking,but do you use a 5.1 system for muovies/2 channel for music? The .1/LFE sub is meant to deliver bombastic explosions and dinosaur stomping.The "music" sub does its' job without notice.
When dealing with the "music" sub,it is usually designed to work with a particular speaker system,or it needs to be flexible enough to work with multiples.The first can be done on a moderate budget,the other is more expensive to implement.
Tpsonic

Yes, a Sunfire Theater Grand II 5.1 processor and a matching era Sunfire 5CH amplifier. About 70% of listening is 2CH stereo, the remainder is 4.1 as with the Maggies I just don't 'hear' the need for a center speaker. I just don't feel the Earthquake subwoofer blends correctly with the Mag's. For movies it rocks without question, maybe it is just not musical enough or a fast enough sub to keep up.
I suggest calling Duke at "Audiokinesis", He has developed a sub system for Maggies that are quick enough to keep up.I was very impressed when I heard them. He is very knowledgeable and a nice guy to talk to.