What spikes , if any, do MBL 101E's owners use?

Anyone have any suggstions on what spikes, if any, they are using on their MBL 101E's? Also, what effects are you hearing with or without spikes?
cyrus
Hi Cyrus,

when you are talking to Robert ask about Virtual Dynamics as they seem to be offering the same product that I just mentioned above that Robert spoke to me about years ago.
Looks to be the same principal design and theory but with VD's own logo laser cut. Let me know would be interesting.

Check it out;

https://www.virtualdynamics.ca/audio-rack/?id=387
Dev, I will talk Robert tomorrow and get back to with what I find out. My guess is that the SP-1-A was not made a couple of years ago.
The Virtual Dynamics rack is simply a solid brass version or copy of a Sistrum.
Starsound is "I believe" looking at offering such a rack in solid brass with new and more advanced technology and once they have this available the Virtual Dynamics version solid brass rack will no longer be offered. We have every confidence the new Sistrum rack I believe called "Stage" will be more than stunning from what we have heard it will be a must have product.
Virtual Dynamics will continue to work with consumers that would like a custom product for applications like the MBL speaker mentioned here. You may even want to have the work done at a local Machine shop and do it yourself, if that is the case were here to help.
Rick Schultz
Virtual Dynamics
Dev, Looks I will not be able to get the SP1-A until mid Jan. Robert says they are on backorder.
Hi Cyrus,

too bad but Jan. isn't that far away, when you spoke to Robert did he recommend the SP1-A over the SP1's I currently have.
If so why? Did you inquire about the all brass unit's that Rick from Virtual Dynamics mentioned above in his thread referring them to "STAGE"

I actually pulled up some pics from a show dated back in 2006 showing these platforms from Sound Star "Sistrum" and noticed Virtual Dynamics was actually also exhibiting in the same booth.

Check it out, just go to the bottom of the pics and then up a few and you will see them, some good pics.

http://www.audiofederation.com/hifiing/2006/RMAF2006/report/1500/part4/index.htm