What speakers work well with Arcam Solo 5.1 amp

I do not know anything about stereo equipment. Just that I have the Arcam Solo 5.1 surround sound system, and I  would like to learn what speakers, in the mid price range or used, would work well for it. I would really appreciate any help. Music is my passion first and foremost. I like it crazy loud at times. And so that's about it. The sum total of my knowledge. I dont know about amps, receivers, or tweaking components, woofers or anything else. Is there someone who could point me in the right direction, thank you, Kesha.
kesha
Kesha, yes, I saw the specs on the Solo. Didn't think we were ready to get into that with 1st response. I will make an attempt to initiate the learning curve. 

So you have a moderately powered amp, 50-75 watts/channel (wpc) and few additional wpc into lower ohm loads. You are also playing into a somewhat large room and do play at high volumes.  This translates to a need for a speaker that easy to drive.

Such a  speaker plays loud with each given watt provided it by the amp. The speaker spec that tells you this is sensitivity (measured in dBs). Most speakers have sensitivity running between 83 to over 100 dBs. You also need a speaker that presents a relatively easy load (impedance measured in ohms). Most speakers are rated between 4 to 16 ohms. The lower the impedance the greater the load on an amplifier. Problem is that impedance of a speaker is not flat across the frequency range, making the true load on an amplifier provided by a speaker more difficult to determine. Many speakers listed as 8ohm, dip below 4 ohms somewhere in the frequency range. An ideal speaker for your situation would have a sensitivity of 88dB or higher and have a relatively flat impedance across the frequency range of 6 or greater ohms (one that does not dip below 5 ohms). 

You need to decide wether stand mount (also called bookshelf or monitor type) or tower (also called floor standing) speakers best fit into your listening environment. Often people prefer towers for a room of your size. Constraint in speaker placement into a room often dictates which type is preferred. As I am a fan of stand mounts speakers, I am more familiar with that type. 

With your 1st visit to the stores nearby, provide information as to your listening environment, listening habits, and specs on your Solo.
Take notes on their sales approach and speaker offerings. Narrow down the field of speakers you might consider for your system, and the salespersons you feel comfortable dealing with. Hopefully you will find ones that have the desire to understand your needs and knowledge on speakers to full fill them. 

Don't be in any hurry to purchase with 1st visit and keep us posted.    
As a followup, given your budget, I believe you would be well served to focus on the learning curve toward on the purchase of a pair of main speakers and not confused the issue with use of a subwoofer. It is much easier and less costly to integrate a subwoofer into a system for video than for audio. For video, a relatively inexpensive subwoofer can be added later if desired to enhance action movies. 
Thanks again Mesch. I'm going to follow your advice. I think I understand much more clearly what to look for and just focus on a 2 speaker main for now. I will visit the audio dealers and do as you suggest. I think your best advice is to not be in such a rush, to slow down and enjoy the experience. I can do that! I appreciate all your time and help, your a treasure. Will update. Best wishes, Louise.
Thanks for the kind words Louise. Please let me know the speakers that interest you. It is quite possible that some may have been reviewed in Stereophile. In their reviews there is technical information regarding true specs that tell how easy the speaker is driven. Enjoy the search. Mike
Thank you Mike, for all your input. I had no idea just how broad the audio field is. I've just been browsing Stereophile. A great source for researching. Your help has inspired me to learn more. There's an immense and diverse realm I didnt realize existed, and I  greatly appreciate your taking your time for me. My love of music has a big adventure ahead. Who knows where it will take me, but that's the joy of it. Many thanks, Louise.