What speakers to get? Focal or B&W

What speakers should I go with all things considered. Price, Sound, Value, Quality, ect.... I am considering the Focal Profiles 928 $2,999 for the pair and the B&W 804s $4,500 for the pair.
nitjt
ITs a taste/judgement call.

I've found the B&Ws are very British....more laid back and refined with what I've found to be a very "warm" sound.

I've heard the smaller Focal Profiles, 908 and 918s, I believe and they came across as more dynamic, transparent, detailed, and forward than any B&W's I've ever heard.

The B&W sound has never floated my boat. I'd go for the Focals, but again that is just my particular taste. Many would prefer B&W as well, I am sure.
Which ever of the speakers you choose, change you amplification fairly soon. You can't appreciate that quality of speaker to its best with a big box receiver.
Jamesw20 is probably right that you most likely would not get the most musically from either pair of speakers with an A/V receiver.

I've heard the Focal profile 918 with a $2500 Krell integrated at a local Tweeter store + the sound was fantastic, very open, lifelike, detailed, transparent and dynamic with a huge sound stage. For a while, I was seriously considering picking up a pair.

I'm almost always underwhelmed by B&Ws when I hear them. They tend to sound lifeless and stiff in the low end to me. I suspect they require very high end amplification in order to sound equally good.