What speakers?

I recently sold my Magnepan 1.6's even though I loved them. They just needed too much space behind them and ended too far out into the room.

I mostly listen to Jazz voacals and easy listening music and loved the Maggie sound. I have a Parasound A21 that I felt drove the speakers well. Vincent Audio tube CD Player. Parasound 21 preamp.

What kind of monitor speakers could I get that will give me something close to the maggie sound? Will it also work with my amp?

Thanks for your input guys.
Dan
daniel825
07-20-08: Steuspeed
Johnnyb

Eminent Technology LFT-16
Ah, yeah, I forgot about them. And that made me think about the Oskar Heil Aulos at $1850 or so.

Review here.
Again VMPS comes to mind, the RM2 or the QSO626R will both likely give you what you like about Maggies and a more livable placeable speaker, I had Electrostats mains and Maggie speakers for HT and found VMPS greaat giving me exactly what I liked about each but better bass and placement options.
Chad

I have not heard the VMPS but they look very interesting.
I will check these out first.
What amp do you like best with them... Given my taste in music.. Mostly easy listening jazz?

Regards,
Dan
I dont have the funds to try alot of amps or buy cutting edge gear, I do power mine with Aragon which is considered a "poor mans Krell" and I am going to swap in Classe amps my father is giving me. I have also run Parasound, Many like "Ampzilla" power amps.
There is a VMPS owners club at audiocircle.com if you wish to learn more. I do think VMPS would be very close if not the exact answer to what you are looking for.
If it must be a monitor, look at the GMA Callistos or perhaps the new Eos. Great speakers for the money that do most things right, and very little wrong.

Shakey