What speaker suit Yamaha RX-V2400?

Hi there

I am thinking of getting this amp or its successor next year (which hopefully will have the pure digital connection or firewire) but I was wondering what speakers (for home theatre) would suit it? Any thoughts out there?

Thanks Allan
arnicol0cb2

Showing 1 response by arnicol0cb2

Wow thanks for your response Exertfluffer !

First point - choose the speakers first - how do u do that - when u go to audition the speakers they are always powered by something? and therefore coloured by what its driven by. Thats why I thought choose your amp and then match the speakers to it - but hey I am a novice so what do I know - that why I ask the questions.

The room that this gear is going into isnt huge - 5m x 5m. I already have a 2channel Yamaha amp RX-596 with two very efficient Cerwin Vega E712 floorstanders and a B&W ASW1000 subwoofer. Sounds fine to my ears. But now its time to go to home theatre however these speakers also need to do music in fact in all fairness the duties will be split probably 70& music 30% home theatre - so the speakers will really need to perfom musically as well as for movies.

You mentioned Klipsch, B&W (that could be good as I already have the sub) and Paradigms - are these pretty much of a much between them or would one likely stand out as better than the others? What sort of prices are they going for?

Thanks for your advice in advance I really appreciate it.

Allan