What should my heirs do to dispose of my vinyl and CDs?

I am typing up a document with all details of my system components and cables with approximate values.  No one else in the family knows anything about high end audio.  I suggested they sell the gear at US Audiomart.  What should I suggest they do with the vinyl and digital discs in my reasonably large collection?  I want them to get to others who can enjoy them when I no longer can. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

128x128hifiman5

Showing 3 responses by ross6860

My heirs would probably throw them in the trash, or sell them for maybe 50 cents a piece in bulk.  It would be too much work for them to do some research and find out what they are worth.

Ear buds are all they know.

I also have a decent collection of fishing gear.  None of my relatives know which end the hooks go on.

They will be much more interested in the gun safe and ammo pile.

Doesn't matter.  My will says it all gets sold at auction and proceeds go to two specific charities.

You never know the time.

I was "perfectly healthy" other than high blood pressure (which I've had for 30 years and controlled with meds), biking 18 miles a day, walking two miles every evening, lifting weights, working on the garden, etc.  Blood work was always good or at worst, borderline.

Right up to my emergency by-pass surgery.

Just because you are relatively young and appear in good health, you never know...

Just glad to still be here.

Skeptical?  You mean you think I am lying?

You would probably believe me if I said power cables make a difference.

OK by me.  I know what I was doing.  Six days a week, Sundays off.

I'm back up to the 18-miles but nowhere near where I was lifting.  The two-mile walk served two purposes.  Exercise my pups and a workout for me.  Only takes 40 minutes or less.  The 18 miles takes an hour.