What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove

I'm a sports marketing professional in the bicycle industry. Somehow I landed in Germany earlier this year for work, and have decided to make this home.

My current system isn't even mine. I was sharing a place with a guy who worked for our German sales office and he moved out but left the system. Get this it's a Pioneer A-77X receiver, 2 MB Quart QL 502 S speakers, and my Hp laptop iTunes through the headphone jack. I laugh at it everyday, but it sounds decent for my needs.

At home in the US (a fully furnished bach pad if anyone is looking to buy a place in Milwaukee) i would guess the retail price on my equipment is about $10k - $15k. TV included. I'm a music enthusiast and watch a lot of movies. Not an audiophile by any means. I raced cars for some years and I think I burned up my ears a little doing that.

I come here because I find it amusing that people would spend upwards of $50k on audio equipment. J/K I actually appreciate the craftsmanship and industrial design of the high end stuff.

Cheers from Germany
I am 44 y.o attorney. I am a music nut who has always appreciated hi-fi, but has only gotten the bug in the last 3 years or so. My system retailed for approx. $27k, although I paid much less. As I officially have the bug, the price/value will soon be going up..............
35 year old attorney in Chicago.

$6,000 system, give or take $500.

Creek 5350 se
Roksan Radius V with Roksan Chorus cart.
Rotel RCD 1062 cd player
Paul Speltz's affordable anti-cables
Some positively reviewed (like 10 years ago) but cheap (<$50) Ixos interconnects
Apple Airport Express