What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
I'm 24 and I'm a web designer for a bank. I think my system retails for about 3k, but I have under $700 invested in it. It's all used, and I don't think it's true "audiophile" quality, but I like it very much. My system is centered around NHT stuff which most people will tell you is warmer than neutral, and that's the way I enjoy it.
I am 35 year old and working as a financial analyst. My system is about $25k. I moved to the US from France.
I am a 48 year old maintenance technician. I spent 21 years in the circuit board business (18 in IBM, and 3 in Sanmina-SCI). Now I maintain packaging equipment for Ascendia Brands (formerly Landers).
musician - to be traced through my user name, if anybody cares :-)
my system needs to satisfy for monitoring as for fun, worth?? Well, lets put it this way: Less than my fiddle, but more than my car - but then I drive a lovely old Saab ;-)
Simply amazing..
Retired securities analyst, age 49. I started into the audiophile thing way, way back before my financial ship came in. My attitude about audio systems has always been to not look back and to not look forward, i.e., to enjoy the hell out of what I have at the time. But this system is the first one that I'm actually going to reconfigure my house for.