What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove

Showing 2 responses by maril555

It's very interesting, that there are no doctors here, even though it's one of the professions where someone is likely to be wealthy (I gather it's a time deficit issue). I'm 43, physician (psychiatrist), married two children- just starting (again), my system, which is pretty far from being complete, is around $10K (some bought new at a discount, demoes, DIY). Two channels right now, intended to be Stereo/HT combined. Regards.
It appears that some of the esteemed members might benefit from psychotherapy (or medications even)- just kidding. But, really, the whole "aidiophile" phenomenon is quite interesting. Look at the spending patterns for instance- people do spend up to 100% of annual income chasing down that ever evasive "absolute sound". Just my thoughts.