what's your opinion on the magazine 'stereo review'??

i started reading 'stereo review' back in the early 70's untill they retired. i used to buy their magazine every month. whatever i know about stereo equipment is what i've read in their magazine! any thoughts after all these years???
128x128g_nakamoto

Showing 1 response by pmiller115

For the record, Stereo Review morphed into Sound and Vision. Like many of us, I began reading Stereo Review at a young age when I wasn't quite sure what this hobby was all about. It did, if not always 100% accurate, always provide material that fed my appetite for this hobby and, quite frankly, I don't remember any other magazines that focused on consumer electronic even being in existence. For whatever it's worth, I have a collection of probably 15 or 20 years of back issues I kept for the hell of it. I can still remember reading articles and going to local stereo type stores to check out the equipment and to learn more about this hobby. Jullian Hirsch was the man back in those times just as others are highly respected today. It was a part of the overall interest in this hobby and I am glad I was able to read and follow it at the time.