What's wrong with Velodyne?

I have two Velodyne subs. (HGS-12 and older one) and both have worked great, sound great, etc.

However, my experience with dealers is that they think very lowly of Velodyne and politely recommend staying away from them. One dealer used to carry them and dropped them, another well-established dealer said he though many other brands (some he didn't carry) would be better.

Is something going on here that I am missing? I don't think it's just dealers trying to sell products they carry.
bundy

Showing 1 response by fplanner2000

There is nothing wrong with Velodyne - I have had their subs for years and currently have a DD-15 that works amazingly well for both 2 channel and HT in a high-end system. I actually bought it in a dedicated audio store and I would put the DD series up against ANY other subs at any price. They are great subs - do not be put off by dealers with their own agendas.

When I had a service issue with an HGS yeas ago, Velodyne was very helpful and accommodating. If you are having problems finding a Velodyne dealer in your area, try calling Velodyne.