What s wrong with this picture?

I'm putting the finishing assembly on a new computer. It has a 1.2GB processor, 512MB of RAM, two 20GB hard drives, a CD burner, a video card with 64MB DDR memory, etc, and it all cost about $1000. ...and you want how much for that DAC??
doclb

Showing 1 response by lev335

As many others stated this hobby is for people who truly love music. Not for people who truly love equipment. A pc is of no comparison with audio its resale value is awful because the pc industry moto is " here today gone tomorrow" technology changes so rapid. With audio at least they hold a cd format for some time before trying to bend us over again and shoving the $8,000 worth of redbook cds up our ass! (thats what I own many others have two and three times more than me) and now we need to buy a new cd player to play the new format and spend $25.00 per disc and to really not have the desire to listen to the redbook cds as much because the new format is much improved.Its all about money and if you want the best you must pay for it. And the sad thing is there will always be better than what you have. Live and learn.