What's the best 7" & 8" woofers available?

I'm thinking of trying the DIY route for a pair of full-range speakers. In your opinion, what is the BEST 7" AND 8" woofer available and the best place to buy it?
Thanks all for the tweeter & mid-range comments.
Thanks and happy listening!
myraj
Tweekerman,

No argument with your advice regarding the SEAS, but this guy is building a three-way, i.e. my secondary recomendation for the Scanspeak Revelator, since it is having to play less upper midbass in a three way application than in a two-way design. I do think both of these woofers offer interesting trade-offs though.

Myraj,

Like I said before, if you want "the best" , go get the Scanning. The power of this woofer, with it's ultra control and speed will SCARE you on drum beats, etc. It's that good! (BTW: If you do buy the Scanning, I don't want to know which bank you're going to rob to get the money...HE,HE)
Ehider i've got a spectatular 3 way in the possible making..i'm waiting word from the designer..its a biamp..SEAS 8 inch(30!!hz to say 500hz)EX22 + SEAS 4.5 midwoofer (500hz to 3.5hz)W12CY + PHILIPS RT8 isodynamic..what ya think?..doable?
Along these lines, what do you folks think of ETON?
They make 5", 7", 8", 11", & 12" mid/base and woofers.
Tweekerman,

Your project speaker sounds like it could be pretty darn good. Is it doable? ; I don't see why not. I would concentrate on getting the crossover right though, as this can make or break a speakers' sound (regardless of the drivers used). My favorite crossovers are:

1. The new Av Reality design (it's free to use, just go to his website for the circuit details).

2. Quasi-second order (time alignment like a 1st order with steeper slopes, that don't tax the drivers nearly as much as first order XO's).

3. First order.

I also suggest using INDIVIDUALIZED zobel networks for each and every driver in your speakers. These are a no-brainer circuit to implement that only has upside improvements. The point of individualozed networks is to correct the phase angle shift that occurs due to the inherent inductance in the voice coil of each driver. Once this is corrected, your amplifer's output devices will better control the speaker's drivers, and the resulting sound is cleaner and obviously better controlled.

I've been posting details about INDIVIDUALIZED zobels on Audiogon for the last two years ever since I heard the difference on Dunlavy Althenas, IVa's, V's, Pipedreams, Mirages, Infinity IRS's and Montanas which were zobeled by their owners. The difference is NOT subtle, and makes you wonder if the whole speaker design world fell on their heads! These circuits cost less than $40 to implement and offer a more significant sonic difference than the differnce between cheap interconnects and muti-thousand dollar interconnects! I guess nobody really cares, but I'll keep preaching to the choir and maybe someone will wake up. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!

In regard to the Eton question; I think they are not nearly in the same league as the other drivers that were currently mentioned. It's like discussing Ferraris and Porsches then asking: "What do you think of Mustangs and Camaros?" Not that Etons are horrible, they just don't hold their own when compared to the "best of the best".
Ehider i'm sure you already know this site ..http://members.chello.se/jpo/diy.html..clik on active filters LINKWITZ labs..possible the most learned guy in speaker tech