What's about EDGE Audio ?

Hi everyone,
i want to buy an Edge amplifier. Do you know if the Factory is on the business, or
is it failed in 2011 and closed ?
Thanks.

MMB.
mmb
The only model I can find the age of is the 12.1 which apparently came out in 2005. Generally speaking each newer iteration is thought to offer some level of improvement, but of course opinion comes in here so YMMV. As far as matching with a tube preamplifier, that would primarily depend upon the input impedance of the power amp which I do not see listed in the specs given on their website. I would suggest contacting the company directly for more details and the answers to your specific questions.
Hi Bill,
the input impedance of the NL 12 is circa 34 Ohm. Voltage gain is 30 dB.

MMB.
MMB, maybe you meant 34K Ohm? If so, it would probably be ok with most tube preamps but you may want to try a given combination before you make any commitment. If a power amp's input impedance is too low relative to the preamp's output impedance it can result in rolled off bass and limited dynamics.
The new Edge amps 12.2 series do not use the laser biasing technology of the 12.1 and earlier models. The new owners are not associated with Norbert and Maker (I think thats right) who started Edge and ran it out of Florida. The article I read which was a review of the new 10.2 went over the change briefly. Edge has indictaed they have experience no problems with the laser bias and when I spokw ro Edge about my Sig 1.1 SE preamp they indicated they could service any model. I have experienced no problems with my Edge products and think thsy sound fantastic. I am currently running my Edge amp with an Allnic L-3000 tube preamp (since last Sept) and think it sounds better than the Edge combo. I love what a good tube pre brings to the table. I do not know th production date of the various models but as long as it is in good shape I would not worry too much. I have had mine since 2006-constant use and no issues.