what really happened to j. skul

why did j skul get fired from stereophile?
capeguy
j10,your an "east-coast liberal democrat of the worst kind"as if there was any other kind. i thought larry archibald was the resident left winger on stereophile. i take back all the nice things i said about you now that your out of the closet.heh,heh,yuk, yuk. saw your column on monster,same old js but with a better picture,see what money will do. heh, heh.
J 10 it would not be a problem to name names, but since this was reported to me in confidence and the source is well known to many here I would not do the discourtesy to someone I respect (as oppossed to the discourtesy to someone I do not respect.)
They were supposedly your former friends!?! But I guess I would want to cast my own termination in the best possible light too, so I'm not surprised by your remarks.
Good luck at Monster Cable.
> 02-17-03: Capeguy
> j10,your an "east-coast liberal democrat of the worst kind"as if there was any other kind.<

You forgot the badabing!

> I thought larry archibald was the resident left winger on stereophile.<

How left can you be living in Santa Fe. But he rode the freedom buses down south during the 60s, I have enormous respect for him personally, and, of course, he's some businessman.

> i take back all the nice things i said about you now that your out of the closet.heh,heh,yuk, yuk.

That's "nyuk nyuk" buddy! (-"

> saw your column on monster,same old js but with a better picture,see what money will do. heh, heh <

Yeah, what a hoot, but I'm pretty free to say and do what I want, we'll see how it develops. Of course, I'm still a Monster, but still, for a Monster, I have a lotta freedom.
Regards
JS
FOLLOWUP:
>02-17-03: Nrchy
J 10 it would not be a problem to name names, but since this was reported to me in confidence and the source is well known to many here I would not do the discourtesy to someone I respect (as oppossed to the discourtesy to someone I do not respect.)<

I see. Whatever is told you in confidence, but you drop it into AudiogoN. Not very courteous to your friend, actually, unless he meant you to repeat it for whatever reason. You will, however, as you say, be discourteous to me and repeat the unsubstantiated gossip. Nice.

> They were supposedly your former friends!?!

You must realize people have all sorts of reasons for saying things, especially after someone has departed. Why not ask whoever it was to e-mail me in privacy and air their beef. It might help me be a better manager of people now. Or maybe someone would apologize. Maybe not, but in this country, people have the right to confront their accusers, no matter how discourteous *you* feel like being. For whatever *your* reasons are. Which escape me.

> But I guess I would want to cast my own termination in the best possible light too, so I'm not surprised by your remarks.<

FYI, the "cast" of the termination was set by John Atkinson himself. Of course there was more, but I'm not talking. He cast it that way, it's totally true, allows us both to be productive now that I'm still in the business, that's the story, and that's all there is to it.

> Good luck at Monster Cable.

Thank you. I'm sorry to tell you... it's going extremely well.
JS
dear j-10
every months for audio ,i m reading,2 american,3 french,2-3 u.k,2-3 germany,1 japonese magasins.and every day i m spending few hours at internet for audio.because im audio nuts for a more than 20 years now.
for me you were really one of the best reviewer.i m really missing your review
votre depart de stereophile pour moi etait le debut dela fin pour la revue.
i would like you meet you one day(on a deja un ami commune ,mr.stein).

amicalement