What of your CD's have good sonics?

I have been amazed at the number of CD's are so bad I can't bare to listen to them on my system. It seems like over half are difficult to listen to. Vinyl seems about the same. I have been buying some classic rock albums from a local used record store and am surprised at how many of them sound bad. Most of the jazz albums I buy are usually quite good. How is it with you guys?
catfishbob
Post removed 
I bought a Police L.P. a few weeks ago and it sounded so shrill and thin that I'm not sure I can stand to listen to it again. I found a Mark O'conner CD, "Nashville Cats", And it was so thin I couldnt even listen to it and I thought that it would be good since most of Marks stuff is excellent.

Photon46, I am not literate enough in this language to be too specific, but if it sounds too thin I dont enjoy it. The exception being late at night when the women want to dance! I quit listening to the AM in the car years ago because it was not pleasurable to me. I think I'm sensitive to too mush treble but I have to have the detail which seems to be a contradiction. That's why I wanted to find out how others fared. I guess I need someone else to listen to my system to see if they hear the same thing.
Elizabeth, you make a good point and you describe a trap I want no part of.
I will still listen to the U2 War recording in the car, on headphones at the gym, out in the patio etc. Not all of the music I listen to on my main system has to be top notch recordings. But this was bad, real bad. I could probably put it on as background music if I was in another room, and just be very careful about walking into the living room so I don't injure myself again.
Elizabeth and Energizer. I totally agree with you. It is about the music. BUT.....I am really sensitive to poor sound. It is like scratching a chalk board for me. I couldnt listen to my turntable because it sounded so bad to me. I took it to the dealer and he hooked it up to his high end system and said, "it sounds great! What's wrong with it? I made him check further and it was a little off speed. He corrected it and hooked it up again and I told him it still wasnt right. He worked on it again finding that it was a little off and ended up having to replace the speed control board which fixed the problem. I guess I'm just sensitive to that stuff. I have the same problem with live music. If someone's out of tune it drives me crazy. I frequently pass on certain venues because I know the sound is so bad.
Your comments lead me to believe that part of my problem is my own hearing problems. thanks