What is your most fond musical memory.

One that makes you yearn for the ‘good old days.’

Mine took place in 1970. My grandparents were going on a world tour and I had their whole house to myself for 2 months. Alone at last!. I was 16. First thing I did was set up my audio system. Then I turned down the lights and put on the just released Grand Funk “Closer to Home’ album. I thought I was in heaven when ‘I’m your Captain’ came on. 10 minutes of Pure Bliss. To this day I get the tingles whenever I play that song.

128x1281111art

Showing 3 responses by 1111art

Just remembered another one.

Understand I used to play the drums. I'm on a plane, when in walks Ginger Baker, strolling down the isle. I was a starstruck young doofus, so I say..."You're Ginger Baker". He replied, "And you're not!".

Why he wasn't sitting in first class escapes me.

My best friend told me she once (in New Jersey) went to sort of battle of the bands in a high school auditorium. Don't know the year. She was leaning on the stage watching among other bands, Black Sabbath before their first album came out.

Around 1969. I was 16, played the drums. I was jamming with some guys I barely knew. Some new guy walk in, older than us, picks up the bass and joins in. Damn he was good, we all thought.

After he left one of the guys says, "That was David Brown, he plays bass for Santana". 4 jaws dropped.

Here's another: My dad was the track coach at USC. One day he calls me up and says, "There's some band called the Stoned Ponies, playing on my field in an hour or so, ever heard of them?"  Speed limit? What speed limit? I got two lovely photos of Linda Rondstadt, which I've posted here:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/0DVnNbC