What is your favorite budget audio component?

Just wondering for the sake of curiosity and general sharing and education among audiophiles, “What is your favorite budget audio component?” And as a bonus, “Why do you consider it budget and why is it good?” 
Since budget might be relative, I would say audio gear like MBL, Wilson MAXX speakers or anything ultra high end should not be considered.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2x2psyop
Watch out for blindjim and his audio trinkets.  Cheap but they accomplish nothing.  He must be a dealer.

Budget?  That varies according to disposible income, audio interest and other factors.  But for VALUE (which is quality divided by price), the industry loves Emotiva.  Clearly the best bang for the buck in that price range.
ADL-GT40 - The "Swiss Army Knife" of high end audio.  Combines a pre-amp / 24-96 DAC / MM MC phono stage that produces clean, clear, musical sounds.  Throw in an A to D converter that will facilitate high rez vinyl  rips, and that is one kick @$$ budget component considering the $500 I paid for it.  Look up Art Dudleys review in Stereophile for a more detailed look.

Note:  The upgraded 40a features a DAC capable of 24/192 and other improvements.

BTW - Not a dealer or anyone in the industry. Just a satisfied consumer.  
After thinking this over, I have forgotten my favorite cheap upgrade is this: 

My room was a little bit "hot" so I purchased a 5' X  9' rug. Using a couple of carpet tack strips which I nailed to the wall and into studs, I was able to hang the rug from the tack strip. Not only did it greatly improve the sound but the rug adds a good look to the room. 

I am a dealer for carpet tack strip so don't buy them from Lowes I can sell them to at a greatly marked up price. 

Jim
Dealer of the decade.
Already been mentioned but if we stick to sub $1000, just has to include Bluesound Vault 2( $999 new open box) and Oppo 105d, most versatile cost effective shiny disc spinner in existence...imho.

But my biggest steal was a nearly new Exogal Comet Plus, list $2995, for a paltry $1000 even! How could I not buy it!