What is the future for Proac Speakers ?

I have always enjoyed their speakers and have owned them in the past. However, from what I have heard, they are no longer being imported into the US due to distribution problems, the main engineer is no longer there and Mr. Tyler's future is in question. I also see an increase in Proac's being sold here on Audiogon. Does anybody know what's going on at Proac ????
garebear
Thanks Stewart for your post.  I've never been a business owner, but I can only imagine the peaks and valleys you go through.  I for one love your speakers and can't wait to get a pair of your monitors for my dedicated listening room.  You're one of the top designers...up there with Richard Vandersteen, Jim Thiel, Bobby of Merlin, etc.

Looking forward to your future designs and Proacs longevity!
Best.....

Dear Mr. Tyler,

Welcome to Audiogon. I recently purchased a pair of D-30R's at Revelation Audio in Southern California. I've been extremely pleased with them and they continue to impress me with their musical capabilities. Keep up the great work and wishing you and the folks at Proac continued success.

Hi Guys, and thanks for the response, no pun intended, and the

flattery. There are new models on our website which is being upgraded

right now. As the Hi Fi world is changing we will continue to produce

hand crafted speakers, designed by myself to go in systems with

turntables, great tranny amps, and of course Valves which I love.

I have a few good CD players and a Marantz CD recorder which I copy

vinyl to cd in real time. We want to try and recreate music as you

would hear it live, not super market noise ,and not for convenience !

Listening should be an occasion, not rushed and you do not Hoover

with a background sound, as long as there are enthusiasts out there

we will be here to satisfy their needs.

all the best

Stewart

Thank you Stewart for clearing this up.  After many decades of listening and despite many new entries to the speaker market over that time, ProAc speakers remain among my top 5 in terms of speakers that are nicely detailed yet still sound like music rather than stereo equipment.  So it was very disconcerting to hear there was possibly trouble brewing, and I'm very glad and relieved to hear things are good and that your wonderful speakers continue to evolve and improve.  I look forward to reading about and hearing your latest work.  And congrats on getting a better distributor. 

Very glad to see Mr. Tyler weighing in personally in this thread. I own a pair of Response D2s. These recently supplanted a pair of Response 1SCs that I raised from a pup and that had graced my system for over 10 years, so you can count me as one of the legion of fans of the Proac sound. I would like to add a note that I had some dealings with the new US distributor, The Sound Organisation, and found their customer service to be exemplary. I'm also pleased to discover that there's now a Proac dealer within easy driving distance of my home. This is a very hopeful sign of things to come.