What is everyone using for dedicated AC lines???

I need to buy some dedicated AC cable.

What is everyone using? Romex?

I want the best performance, I will tear out the cable when I leave the house. If its not up to code, oh well, I'd rather have better performance anyways.

I thought about 10/3 Romex for the amp and 12/3 for the CD/Preamp.

What do you think?

Please, no arguements over this I need to buy cable ASAP!
asi_tek
Stehno, we must have been posting at the same time. If Parts Express has 10 gauge OFC copper for about the price you quote, it must be considered as an option. I can't imagine better quality copper NOT providing superior results.

Wish I had known when I ran my dedicated lines. I may consider upgrading later.
Hi, Albert. It is obvious to me that I actually posted first. :)

I'm looking at the Parts Express catalog #21 on pages 55 and 141 where they have a heavy duty 10/3 power cable that is 99.9% OFC. However, it is stranded and I thought it was solid core.

Their price for this is $33.15 for 50 feet. But there should be a few other places to check for quality solid core 10ga. but not many.

I bought my solid core 10/3 99.95% OFC house wire from a friend who had quite a bit of custom made for his new listening room which has perhaps 20 or so dedicated lines throughout the room.

Hope this helps,

-IMO
This is the same cable that SignalCable uses for their MagicPower cable. I had it and was not impressed as much as I am with the ChrisVH series cables. IMO. I would just use romex, but can anyone chime in who has used this carol cable vs. romex???

Thanks!
1. Why the -3? (10-3 instead of 10-2). With 10-2 you still get a third conductor for ground.

2. If you go to 240volts your wire size can get smaller because fewer amps are drawn. 12-2 at 240 volts is better than 10-2 at 120 volts, and, depending on how long the run is, will save a few bucks.