What is a good bookshelf

I own PSB Mini Stratus speakers. I want to upgrade to a bookshelf that has more space and more midrange with a sparkling upper end.

These speakers are great only lack in midbass and upper end.

Any ideas? I am willing to pay up to $2k for it.

Thanks
skyclmbr
I have been relaxing surfing the web today listening to music. The speakers have a good soundstage. It just sounds off is all. So you think it maybe crossover? I am going to see if I can take them to a hifi shop I made recent purchases from and let him see. Maybe he can tell me what he hears.

Thanks for the responses.
Have you listened to the NHT Classic Threes? They sound much bigger than their size.
They're pretty darn good for such a small speaker, and well within your budget. You can find a good used pair for
about $500, or less.

Good luck!
Spendor SA1's. Spendor magic with more sparkle. I got these a few weeks ago and the longer I listen the more I am impressed.

Neal
Yeah they are deff off. Listening to Donald Fagen's Kamakiriad and you can hear the highs are not smoot like before. They sound harsh now. The snare drum isn't snappy sounding anymore as well. Possible crossover the cause in such case? Like I mentioned before the soundstage sounds nice and wide and deep. Just not smooth as they sounded when i first bought them.

I am taking them to a hifi shop I been have going to lately, to have him hear. I most likely will buy new speakers.