What headphone amp to use with Sennheiser HD800?

I just bought the new Sennheiser HD800 headphones and I would like feedback from other HD800 owners. Which headphone amps have you used with the HD800's and which they selected and why? I live in a very remote area and I am about 300-400 miles away from the closest high end audio dealer. Your suggestions and comments would greatly be appreciated to help me in choosing a headphone amp for these incredible headphones.
svrtim

Showing 1 response by jim204

I use Sennheisers own amp the HDVD 800 which I find extremely versatile in that it is not just a headphone amp but also a complete pre amp with spdif in - Bal in - Bal out - RCA in- RCA out - USB in - AES in . It also has a pretty serviceable DAC in it. The thing I like about it though is it a fully ballanced unit and if you treat your headphones to Sennheisers fully ballanced lead it will lift them to a whole new level ( I mean major improvement ). I find the unit so good I even put my Gryphon Mikado through it and the wealth of detail it produces is incredible. It is expensive but I find it to be very accurate.