What happened to the loudness control?

Why have they stopped using them on equipment? I miss the loudness control. Does anyone else?
nerspellsner
Well, maybe SOMEONE does, but probably he/she is also using tone controls. It (and tone controls) is just one of many 'bells and whistles' that does NOT appear on high-end audio equipment.
tone. filters. loudness. still available on Accuphase & Luxman products: somewhat pricey equipment but certainly worth the price
I wish I still had one since the Fletcher Munson curves still apply in all cases. Try McIntosh preamps - they allow the user to control whatever they want or if you so wish, leave the controls out of the circuit, whichever you prefer.
speaker wire isand interconnects are today's version of tone controls and loudness buttons. its ironic that the audiophile community has a distain for them, when they are a far more cost effective way to adjust a system to its room conditions than cables and room tweeks. we hear they were abandoned by many manufacturers, because they changed the sonic character of what the recording (no kidding).....as if everything else we do does not. the fact is, the fewer convenience features on a preamp dramatically reduce the cost of any properly made, high quality piece.....get ready to spend a bunch though to try and compensate each 'recording's shortcomings' with lots of other stuff.