What do/did you do for a living?

With the increasingly high priced items people own and are selling, I'm curious about the line of work people do or have done. I thought my $5k integrated was a massive investment, but seeing users searching for $100k speakers or $75k SET amplifiers has me curious about the varying lines of work people do to afford these items. 
128x128j-wall
Taught high school and elementary school for 25 years.  In between was a National Sales Training Mgr for a large multi-national and a GM/Branch Manager for four different companies.
I have been involved in product development and manufacturing for most of my career. Almost always had at least two jobs. I have been designing and building home audio gear since preteen years. I started Arion Audio in 2004. At first Arion was my second job, now it's my only job. I count my blessings daily (well maybe not when payables outpace receivables) to be working on and doing the things I most enjoys: designing, developing and manufacturing audio products and making great music. I have lots of very unusual speakers in my collection.
Lifelong Audio Engineer, with current focus on acoustics for wearables.
I was lucky enough to be a part of a artist co-op in Worcester, MA back when I was young. Had my first live sound gig at age 15.
Worked in the antiques industry for a while before going back to college. First gig out of college was lead recording engineer for a Hip Hop record label, it was amazing. But collapsed in 2008 with the rest of the music industry.
Got into computer audio, as I didn’t have it in me to try to “make it” as a producer...
Now work as an acoustic test engineer for a smart watch company. And have a super sweet modular synth. Play music anytime I can, and am happy to do a show now and again, will prolly release another album under a new project.
My job/life in a nutshell :)
Currently working as a business analyst, (I make pretty graphs and charts).  I picked up most of my gear when I was a AV installer in the Seattle area.  Most of the gear was donated to me or sold at an extreme discount by the customers that were replacing the old stuff.  Just asked them what they wanted to do with the old gear and cables.  most of the time is was throw it out or take it.  occasionally it was, 'how about $xx?'  where xx was ~10 - 20% of retail.
I'm a surgeon, retired for nearly 20 years now. I entered passable HiFi with a Sony integrated, KLH bookshelf speakers, a Garrard turntable, and a TEAC cassette player  --around 1971-- and went from there. Unfortunately I had more money over the years than technical savvy. But I still love great music played realistically and LOUD!  What is bandied about here is 'WAY beyond me!!... Best to all, Sam