What do/did you do for a living?

With the increasingly high priced items people own and are selling, I'm curious about the line of work people do or have done. I thought my $5k integrated was a massive investment, but seeing users searching for $100k speakers or $75k SET amplifiers has me curious about the varying lines of work people do to afford these items. 
128x128j-wall

Showing 1 response by tom8999

J wall - great question - I have enjoyed reading all of the replies. IMO - we are all Audiophiles - regardless of our budgets to spend on this hobby. I am 66 - just retired from being a Chemist - left the bench in 1984 and moved into sales and marketing. Lucked out and am still married to my original wife - 43 years and counting. I have pursued this hobby since college. First system was Dynaco amp and preamp, EPI speakers, and Advent cassette deck. Became a Magnapan owner in 1985 - now on my third set of Maggie’s - graduated to Krell integrates 10 years ago - on my third Krell - run two High Quality systems now - feed them both via my LUMIN T2. Updated my current costs all in for both systems I am around $20,000.  Very happy with both systems - my wife can hear the quality!! I lead a blessed life!

Enjoy the music!