What do $2500 speaker cables sound like?

Sooo curious about this.  I now use cables costing about $200 and 20 yrs old.

dont want to throw out brands, but its well known.

what can someone expect?

jumia

Showing 2 responses by mahlman

" The only difference between a $200 speaker cable and a $2500 speaker cable is the number of zeroes in the price! "
  Well there is another difference. The number of suckers goes down as the price tag goes up. You can still find labels on some high dollar wires as the proud owner wants to make sure you know they are better than your zip cord. You see you are to stupid to grok the wonderfullness of the audio voodoo in front of you so the subtle $$$ reminders of your ignorance must be displayed. Golden ear syndrome.

I am in the zip cord camp and clearly unenlightened.
  Really enjoying the sarcastic topics here lately and hope they go on.
" Malman, it’s not surprising that you are in the zip cord camp, IF your system is setup for listening as it is pictured in your system profile! "

One of the more amusing things to me with people that stop in from the Klipsch forum who followed the Super MWM build thread there is the expression on their faces when they first hear these while they watch the hair stand straight up on their arms at times. My goal was very high fidelity, great efficiency and to sit right next to the 32’ organ pipes or the Cellos or anything else, which it does quite well. It is like that sleeper daily driver hot rod that just waxed your $350,000 supercar. It may not look real pretty but it is all business. If you are near southern middle Tennessee you are welcome to PM me and stop in for a listen and see for yourself.