What cartridges would best sound an Ekos arm?

I have a vintage Sondek LP12 (serial# 28***) Lingo'd mk2, Tramped, Cirkus'd, T-cable'd Ekos Tonearm. I usually listen to Jazz ( Monk, Colchrane) Rock ( Zeppelin, Roger Waters)
marcussantiago
No Rauliruegas I've not heard it with that one, but I have heard it with the following:

Linn Karma, Linn Klyde, Linn Arkiv, Dynavector 17d2, Audio Technica OC9, Shelter 901, Shelter 901Mk2, Shelter 90x, Zyx Atmos, plus some others over the years that I can't remember now.

I agree Rauliruegas, it's a superb arm, one of the greats.

You like rock Marcussantiago? With a Troika the Ekos sounds superb. I'm talking of 20 years of experience with an Ekos (and I have other arms including an SME V, Origin Live Conqueror and Ortofon 309-d). The others can sound "better" (whatever that really means) with different cartridges, but the combination of an Ekos and a Troika is magical as an all-round package. Probably why good ones still fetch high prices on e-bay ... I'm not the only one who's noticed!

My current "reference" is the Ortofon 309-d with an A90. But I still love the sound of the Ekos and Troika, it's the second arm on my turntable and takes the place of all the others I've mentioned above.

Good luck!
Dear Sprog: That A-90 is " something "., good that you own it.

I see that you owned only MC cartridges. There are some vintage MM/MI cartridges that for " penauts " are a challenge even for the A-90, maybe you could try some one in the future: you will be nicely " surprised ", I think.

regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Wow you people gave me a cartridge overload . This is an interesting shopping list. Thanking you for the recomendations. I will let you all know which was my choice before christmas.
I recently sold my Troika and bought a Lyra Delos and then traded up to the Kleos. Both sounded better than the Troika, which in it's day was considered a great Linn cart for the LP12, and it was. But the new generation Lyra's have a much more delicate, natural, precise without being over analytical approach. The Lyra's musicality has added to my listening hours, I would highly recommend you looking at either. The Delos does a wonderful job but the Kleos takes it to the next two levels. I am using the same arm along with trampolin, cirkus, new motor with Lingo, and recently set up by the dealer. Phone stage is the Linto for your comparison. I listen to more rock than jazz but I can tell Radio K.A.O.S. and Battle of Evermore take on whole new life!