What can I do to improve my 2nd system?

My 2nd stereo system is in my 14 ft x 18 ft bed room. The system is placed on the short side as shown. The sound path is laptop/CD/SACD player -> DAC -> power amp -> speakers/subwoofer.  All the details including the placements and cabling are shown in the picture.  The subwoofer is connected from DAC to sub. line-in and line out to power amp thru a build-in HPF fixed at 80Hz 12dB/Octave, which I found the best way for integration bet. the main and sub. The bookshelfs are slightly toed in.  After adding the sub., I like the almost full-range sound out of this system but wonder what else I could do to further improve it.  Any advise is appreciated.   

lanx0003

Showing 2 responses by jerryg123

@lewm that is an interesting position on vibration isolation for speakers. As more and more high end speaker manufacturers are using devices like the ISO Acoustics Oras as standard equipment for isolation.

I will stick with what the QLN and Magico engineers built into their product. Also can not deny the science in the Townshend ISO platforms.

May be the case for ELS speakers and ribbons..

Guess you need to look at their websites as well as PSB……

I agree the spongy stuff is not ideal. But the times they are a changing as is engineering.