What are the best settings for Oppo 105-D as a stereo player.

I just purchased an Oppo 105-D to use as a player in my stereo setup. I would appreciate any help in setting this player correctly. I’m using XLRs to connect to my Anthem integrated amp. Thank you. 

jlangloi

@elliottbnewcombjr gave you some good advice. The 105 is a very good player. The settings are not complicated. Connect it to a monitor and go through them one by one. It explains the options. Be patient, you will get the best of it. Congratulations on your purchase. They are built to last. 

I apologize to all that posted help for my OPPO setup adventures. I was on too any forums and had just moved from one state to another. I decided to use a Rosewill RPLC powerline to network the 105. I purchased an inexpensive 10” color monitor that had a HDMI 2.0 port and a small built-in speaker for setup and menu functions, not to mention that I get a full album picture and complete metadata listed with each disc/album. From Monoprice I purchased a pair of XLR audio cables that sound very good and also the latest Ethernet patch cables. Spenav was correct, with patience and trial-n-error I have great sounds! To melm, I have not tried to rip yet but I will as soon as I get a handle on the setup and a better understanding of the command line procedures. This is indeed a great player and tool for those who are capable and willing. Best Regards to all.