What are the absolute legendary Snell model no.s?

If I wanted the Audio Note sound or just a bl@@dy good used Snell speaker for a mid sized room what are the absolute legendary Snell model no.s?  Thanks for your time

spoutmouzert

Snell was my entry into better audio. I started with the Type E. Awesome speakers. Though a basically a floor standing speaker, a short stand helped them even more. I also had the Type B. The Type K were remarkable for the money and the As were wonderful. I moved on to Quad ESL 63s which were a completely different experience, but Snell speakers always are a fond memory.

The Model Q was a 6.5” 2 way stand mount with a rear tweeter…their compact monitor. Driven by a C-J MV55 and used with a Janus Sub, they were one of my favorite systems of that era (mid 80s), perfectly suited to the apartment I was renting.

I have a pair of the Model E5 Mk 2. Bought them new over 20 years ago and used them in my 2 channel stereo and still use them currently in my home theatre system. They were wonderful speakers but I wished they had a better bass response. Being the tinkerer that I am, I pulled the tweeters and midwoofer out to see what they were. Both drivers were fairly entry level Vifa units. I was surprised that a pair of speakers that cost $2000 (in Canada) had such inexpensive driver units

Since I had no faults with the cabinet and crossovers, I replaced the tweeters and mid/woofers with higher quality drivers, still Vifa brand and with the exact same efficiency and impedance. It was  quickly and easily done and improved them quite a bit and I wondered why, for what would have been at the wholesale level perhaps only an extra $100, had Snell not used the better drivers. So I learned a lesson about how speakers components are sourced and speakers are built to a price point and place in a manufacturer’s product line..

Anyways, I ramble, these are highly recommended at the prices they seem to be in the used market if you are looking for a Snell, in tower form with a small footprint. They are easy to drive with 40 watts or more and are tube friendly in my experience.