What are some of the most underrated and overrated loudspeakers you’ve auditioned?

What speaker do you believe are the most overrated and which one do you consider the most overrated?
mrc4u

Showing 2 responses by dave123456

Paradigm Atom v3- I bought a used pair for $20.00 recently and they sound fantastic in my small bedroom. I can't imagine a $200.00 pair of small bookshelves sounding better, even today.

I didn't care for Klipsch Heresy of unknown vintage I bought used off Craigslist. These were easily the worst pair of hi-fi speakers I ever owned.

The Audio Note AX-Two was a good used speaker for the $300.00 ($549.00 new) I paid in 2007. They now have more than doubled in price at $1200~. I think these are overrated based on all the hype I read about them on AudioAsylum back in the mid 2000's and my ownership experience.
I wanted to add I agree most psb speakers I’ve heard have been pretty good. The Stratus Mini has been my favorite small speaker for awhile now.

It seems like alot of the speaker companies I’ve heard can’t get basic musicality right, which psb does (and the Paradigm Atom v3) so easily. Many companies go for a "analytical" and accurate sound at the expense of being unmusical and uninvolving. With these type of non musicalspeakers I never forget I'm listening to a pair of speakers.