What amp for LS3/5A nearfield only

Just looking for some recommendations for an integrated amp to go with a pair of gold-badge 15ohm Spendor LS3/5a speakers. I know there's been other threads on this, but I'm looking for something that's on the small side -- hopefully something that could sit on my desktop with the speakers on either side of the desk (on stands) for low-volume near field listening. I'd be listening to digital sources through my mac. What say you?

narrowfellow

For near-field low volume listening, consider a Schiit Vali 2++ (tube) or Magni+ (solid state) with their Rekkr power amp and they stack nicely with a small footprint. $260 to $300, depending on the combo. You can also add one of their DACS (Modi+ or Modi Multibit 2) which are the same size. Great sound for the money. (I'm using their bigger brothers - an Asgard 3 and Gjallarhorn) to power a pair of Spendor 4/5s - Spendor's current incarnation of the 3/5 - in a bedroom and have no problem playing them as loud as I want without running out of power.) 

Some interesting suggestions here, thank you. The Schiit is a consideration just because of the size.