Warning: China-Hifi-Audio.com

I just wanted to pass along some concerns with this dealer. 

I ordered a tube amp a couple weeks ago that was shown in stock (actually listed as a discounted customer return). and after 8 days of waiting for a shipping notification I asked about the status and was told it was delayed because the owner had to verify his UPS account. ??? They listed DHL Fedex and UPS as shipping services with 3 - 7 day delivery time for the $595 shipping charge I paid.

Since that response I have asked several times to cancel the order and even thru Paypal communications but am now being ignored. No refund and no shipment. So now it is in Paypal claim and I will be waiting many more days to see a refund.

Very disappointing experience with this dealer.

calieng
"Usually the China government pays the charges."

Where is that information available to check? What terms they have and what are the exclusions to that?
Hello everyone i have not read every comment on this thread but couple of pages for sure i did read. As an one of The American entrepreneurs i built and failed a couple of businesses my own. I am also an engineer building large datacenters for large carriers. So i see bought sides of the table.  i see a great value Chinese companies and products can offer they do good engineering when they can. I would suggest the US buyers should be more patient before they publicly complain little too soon. From china hifi  I bought items. I will do it again and again. I also had to claim a return from another Chinese vendor because i did not wanted to wait for 60 days they were out of stock. I got my return in a couple of days. So stuff happens. As a buyer  if i am able to get something as good and paying half price or one third i would really try hard to do the business. I believe Chinese good hifi products give me chance to owe and also listen good music otherwise good amps are not in reach with my budget from western countries. As we all know the reasons.  I bought muzishare x7 from china hifi and buying x9 now. I am always in touch with Yong Lee by emails. Himself is a hifi enthusiast as well. He personally stoped one of my orders because he did not recommend the product. So nothing is perfect I believe and understand we just need to be more factual. Just my 2 cents. 
I bought a r800i 300B 845 amp from China hi fi and paid the $595 shipping. I figured some of that might be profit, but it was still a good deal if the amp was a good quality piece. I knew it was a bit of a gamble, but I've bought crap products and had horrible customer service in America too. That said, a 100 pound amp from China was on my doorstep in five days. I'm still amazed by that! The amp was great. Non fatiguing with that single ended triode sound, just a little flat and grainy, but it still needed to break in. I replaced the 12AX7 and 6SN7 input tubes with some I had on hand and it got really good. I bypassed the bias supply and cathode electrolytics with some cheap .1uF film caps I had on hand and now it sounds fantastic! One thing is for sure, I would never have had a 300B/845 amp if I had to buy it from anywhere else, it would have remained a dream. I would love to buy this from a U.S. manufacturer, but it would have cost more than I am willing to pay. My guess is the U.S. price would be many multiples of the $2K I paid. I was going to build a GM70 amplifier and the cost of transformers and chokes (cheap iron, not the good stuff) was well over $1K. I think it would be wise to remember that the people of a country and the government of a country are not necessarily the same. I definitely don't think the current US government represents me very well. I'm not encouraging anyone to buy chinese, but I discourage lumping all people of any country together. Anyway, my amp kicks arse!
Have you measured the voltages in your amp? I have seen some pretty high B+ and (especially) filament voltages in some Chinese amps which lead me to question their long term reliability. A few resistors may save you heartache.
Not yet. I opened it originally to check bias because the instructions didn't provide a meter reading-to-bias current description, at least not in English. I opened it a second time to add a couple of bypass capacitors because I've come to the conclusion that electrolytic capacitors and diode switching is responsible for much of what we call electronic/solid state sound. I was afraid to use my meter to check voltages because it's not rated for the 1000 volts 845 tubes usually run at. (Of course I could have checked filament voltage, but I forgot.) I've since removed my head from my butt and remembered that I could measure voltage drops across various components to deduce the rail voltages, but I haven't opened it again yet, too busy listening to music and shaking my head that I own something this cool. The only problem with this amp is the rectifier tube arcs on startup with some of the different 12AX7 tubes I've tried. It looks like the input stage and possibly the 300B drivers are tube rectified, while the 845s are rectified via solid state diode strings. I think the first capacitor following the rectifier is too large, but the power supply components are on a circuit board and it requires a bit of effort to get to the solder side to see "what's doin". I'll check soon.