Warm sounding 6922 Type Tubes

Any suggestions for a warm sounding 6922 type tube for my Dac. I’m currently using a NOS Mullard 6DJ8 but I’m looking for a bit more warmth to tame some brighter recordings.

128x128ronrags

Showing 2 responses by pindac

Siemens and Halske with a External Acid Etch Serial Number, the versions with the Plate internal with a Serial Number are not of the same level of performance. 

The CCA from the 50's will also be a very close performer to the Acid Etch.

I have avoided the search for Vintage Valves of this type for some time.

There are prices being seen almost appreciated 100% since I was last searching.

My purchasing method, where an agreement with the Vendor is in place that a Tube will be returned for a refund, If my friend with their Valve Tester proves the Tubes supplied measurements are not quite close, when measured on the friends calibrated tester. This method has assisted myself with getting top draw Valves.

With the present prices such a agreement will be even more important, if I have to enter back into being a buyer.

Caveat Emptor - Caveat Emptor, most valves supplied will produce a sound, but what type of Valve is being supplied.

As made known in a previous thread on the E88CC, a New Matched Pair of Gold Lions, had one Valve measuring quite unusual when tested and it was strongly advised not to use it as the Circuit could be detrimentally damaged.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284984699706?hash=item425a696b3a:g:3LQAAOSwwZVjNgiq&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwJZXcDWABtqcnJZ%2BNk5I0kPNdteAN7udBkjUfeiL5XTahCiDWeo4OFxgBAq9HrrVmEGSQCzhmCPbxsHXQGp1LT4BtAb1TFUiJuXbWzDHi4GD6pVinMEsXMU9YJ28BHlaBSD%2FEn9MtH1U78MvmvzsPjMgda%2BXLGHeYQM9yRmgSBoNPhny%2BSJkqnvGpK%2BJgpd15GePVCX%2BSa3GQ28e6FUy1Yr4R0tXtjQyXN9HFgP8Vl5BBRQY2gTyoGlj382PRlnCNg%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_bpmfzKYg