warm amp ss around 650

I have a pair of Von Schweikert vr2100 within an HT system, that has a decent bypass to 2ch. (the vr2100 are the mains). I need a 2ch amp. for under $650 that is warm, laid back, smooth... prefer to try solid state. Any suggestions (considering the used market of Audiogon.)? (sorry, made a mistake with my previous thread, don't need a integrated amp, just stereo amp because I can use my pre-processor with the 2ch bypass as the volume attenuator? for the 2ch amp.)
Anchorr

09-19-03
anchorr
I've got the Odyssee Stratos dual mono, and I find it relatively warm for a SS amp, without quite good detail. The stereo version, I've heard, is quite good too. It may well be worth trying to extend your budget by $100 or $150 to get the stereo version with the capacitor upgrade. I've seen them as low as $700, and there is one currently listed for $800. Worth looking into!
Even though you don't really need the integrated amp, I would recommend the Audio Analogue Puccini integrated amplifier. I bought the SE Remote version for my parents last year for $700 used on Audiogon and was very impressed. A quick internet search will give you all the details.
There are some Musical Design amps for sale here on Audiogon. They are smooth, warm, tube-like, etc. Musical Design uses high quality components such as Mosfets to get the smooth tube-like sound. They are high current and pretty much bullet-proof. They can also be upgraded later by Musical design.